Diet Soda Drinkers: Are You Dehydrated?
How do you know if you are getting enough water each day? This is a really important question because many of us have deprived ourselves of water and have become so accustomed to living with less than what our body requires, we don't recognise the symptoms of thirst.
- The most common symptom is headaches. A major function of water is to flush toxins from the body. Your brain is 75% water, so even being slightly dehydrated can cause headaches.
- Poor concentration/fatigue. If you body can't get rid of the toxins it will struggle and you will feel less energetic as your body diverts energy to deal with the toxins.
- Constipation. Your body will divert water to more essential functions and as a result your stools will be harder and more difficult to expel.
- Reduced urine output or dark urine. Did you know that up to 200 litres of water is passed through your kidneys daily? Without a fresh supply of water for the kidneys to filter waste products out of the blood, your urine will become darker.
- Furry tongue or bad breath. If you don't have enough water passing through the mouth to wash away food particles, bacteria can proliferate and result in that 'furry' feeling or bad breath.
- Skin. Your skin should feel elastic. When you pinch the skin on the back of your hand it should snap back instantly.
Some people trying to control their weight, drink bottles of diet sodas each day. Often these beverages contain caffeine, which is a diruretic causing the body to excrete water. In fact the net result is often dehydration. So if you are a 'heavy diet-soda' drinker, and you recognise these symptoms, you may be able to improve your health by simply drinking 6 to 8 glasses of pure, fresh water a day!
(c) Copyright Kim Beardsmore
***Attention Ezine Publishers/Web Owners***
You have permission to publish this article electronically or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be appreciated.
Kim Beardsmore is successful a weight loss coach who will cut through the diet-hype and ensure you find consistent results: week in, week out. You will learn how to stabilize at your goal weight and never 'diet' again. No public 'weigh-ins', meetings that cost you money or fads...simply long term results. You can receive a free, no obligation consultation. Visit today: http://tinyurl.com/2hw9r