Parents Time-Out At Disney World
So you think a trip to Walt Disney World is one only the kids can enjoy. Well, think again! Here are a few tips for making your vacation to Mickey Mouse Land a memorable one for the whole family.
- Plan an evening or two on your own at one of Disney’s world-class restaurants. If you’re a registered guest of a Disney resort, drop off the kids at one of their child care centers for around $10 per hour, per child. They’ll be given dinner along with classic Disney movies, arts and crafts, and video games. If your child is under 4 or not potty trained, call Kid’s Nite Out at 407-827-5444 for in-room childcare. Favorite places for romance include Victoria and Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian resort where a 7-course meal is served on white linen covered tables set with Royal Doulton china or California Grill with its spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Consider springing for two rooms. Disney guarantees connecting rooms for families with children, thereby guaranteeing Mom and Dad some alone time.
- Enjoy a bottle of wine in your room or on your balcony. The bottled wine selections at the Disney resort shops are a bit sparse, but room service usually offers a nice selection.
- Arrange for a couples massage at the Grand Floridian Spa in a candlelit room. Or choose the 3-hour Couples Instructional Massage with step-by-step instruction in massage therapy.
- Watch the evening fireworks spectacular from a Magic Kingdom resort beach. You’ll find the most romantic spot at Disney’s Polynesian Resort where the two of you can relax in a swing or hammock on a sandy white beach.
- Take a Fireworks Cruise from one of the Magic Kingdom or Epcot resorts. Bring along a bottle of champagne, 2 glasses, and enjoy!
- Head to Pleasure Island for an evening of adult entertainment. It’s New Years every night of the week at this 6-acre playground for adults. Wall to wall clubs and a nightly street party with live entertainment and midnight fireworks make this the party-lover’s choice for nighttime entertainment.
Cara Goldsbury is the author of The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World: How to Get the Most Out of the Best Disney Has to Offer available at 800-247-6553, www.luxurydisneyguide.com, Amazon.com, or your local bookstore. Visit her at www.luxurydisneyguide.com.