Gender Differences In Gambling
Being a fairly regular gambler, I have noticed a few interesting differences between men and women over the many years I've spent on the casino floor. Although these observations are by no means scientific, the general results have more or less been consistent. The results of these observations are as follows:
- More likely to gamble than women.
- Begin gambling in their late teens.
- Gamble more frequently than women.
- Place larger bets.
- More competitive and play to win.
- Enjoy games such as Blackjack and Poker.
- Less likely to gamble than men.
- Begin gambling in their mid 20s and up.
- Gamble less frequently than men.
- Place smaller bets than men.
- Less competitive and play to have fun.
- Enjoy games such as Bingo and Slots.
While there are exceptions to every rule, the above mentioned set of observations seem to hold true for the most part. A simple and very plausible explanation may be found by taking into account the "risk taking" behavioural aspect of a typical male. Since a typical male is more likely to possess and display risk taking behavior than a typical female, so it stands to reason that a typical male is more likely to gamble competitively and for much higher stakes than a typical female.
About The Author:
Adel Awwad is the webmaster of Free Casino Cash Guide Copyright © 2005 http://www.casinoguide.ws - Free Casino Cash Guide, All Rights Reserved. This document may be freely redistributed in its unedited form and on the condition that all copyright references are kept intact along with the hyperlinked URLs.
Copyright Adel Awwad - http://www.casinoguide.ws