Google



HOME PAGE



 

 


Easy Tips for Healthy Pets


Easy Tips for Healthy Pets
(c) 2005 Dr GW Graham

Do you want a long and healthy life for your pets?

There are things in our pets' environments that can rob them of precious health and long life. I'm
not talking about cars accidents and mean kids in the neighborhood. I'm talking about things inside the home. Things like:

1) Food
Food is meant to be good tasting and good for you.
The same applies to our pets. Unfortunately, both
people food and pet food are full of stuff. And
most of this stuff isn't found growing naturally.

Manufacturers have taken the place of growers and
cooks. To make foods taste better things are
added.

To make foods last forever on the store shelf,
things are added. For example, tomatoes are now
designed to look good after a long trip to the
store. They are not grown to be nutritious and
safe.

On TV we see reports about how additives,
preservatives and stuff are making our children
unhealthy. The same thing applies to our pets'
food.

Preservatives keep food fresh by altering the
DNA of the creatures living on the food.
What do these preservatives do to the DNA of the
child or pet eating them?

See where I'm going?

Altered hormones, cell mutations (cancer),
sickness !!!

The only way to minimize this stuff in our pet's
food is to make the food ourselves. There are
recipes all over the web for the kitchen literate.

http://www.simplypets.com
http://www.bullwrinkle.com

Most people don't have the time to make their
pet's food and treats. There are places where
good wholesome pet foods can be purchased.

http://www.waggintails.com
http://www.healthypetnet.com
http://GrandPaGraham.com

2) Chemicals in the home

What do you use to clean your counter tops? Where
do you store it? Can your pet get to it? Can your
kids get to it?

A large number of children and pets are poisoned
each year because household products are very
attractive to inquisitive minds. There are a lot
of products on the market that won't harm anyone
if swallowed.

We had one 6 month old child find and swallow
a cleanser. The parents didn't think he was old
enough to get to the open bottle.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc
http://www.aapcc.org/

3) Mold in the home
Most people consider mold in the home an
unattractive nuisance. But it can cause allergic
reactions in children AND pets.

One house we investigated had two sick, allergic,
asthmatic kids. But they called us in when the dog
started sneezing.

Does your pet sleep in the laundry room? Lots of
mold there too.

Mold can cause:
* Allergies,
* sinus problems,
* itching,
* stomach problems,
* hyperactivity,
* skin and hair problems.

This list applies both to kids and pets.

But be careful about what you use to clean away
the mold. Bleach doesn't kill mold but does burn
sensitive lungs.

Don't use any product that your store owner or
pest control person won't drink in front of you.

For more info on mold and what it can do to you
and your pet, go to:

http://www.themoldlab.com

Remember - if you use this article as your guide,
your pups and cats will love you for a long,
long time.

"Word Count= "544"
"Word wrapped to 55 characters per line"

About the Author

Dr Graham graduated from the University of Tennessee Medical Units at Memphis Tennessee. During a tour in the Army he helped develop many of the concepts dealing with Sick Building Syndrome. He currently is the CEO of
Tennessee Mold and chief researcher for Mold Lab Intíl.

He has linked moldy homes to ADHD, Lupus, CFS and several other inflammatory diseases. He is currently doing research into mold and Alzheimerís, arthritis and MS.

Dr George W Graham