15 Ways Salespeople Can Get Motivated
First, recognize that motivation is an inside job. The word motivate means to impel, inspire, hope, stimulate, incite, propel, spur, goad, move, induce, prompt, instigate, fire, provoke, actuate, cause, egg on, drive, excite, and to trigger. Don’t wait for someone to motivate you, here are 17 ways you can motivate yourself.
1. Set daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and lifetime goals. A goal is a goal if it’s writing. Goals get you going in the direction that’s right for you.
2. Listen to a motivational tape. Record into a tape recorder your favorite quotes, anecdotes and personal success stories. Play back your tape frequently. Nothing is more motivating than the sound of your own voice. Try it!
3. Get motivated to make better telephone calls by buying Art Sobczak’s new book, “How To Sell More In Less Time With No Rejection.” To order call Art at 402-895-9399 or visit his web site www.businessbyphone.com.
4. To overachieve every quota you are given take this advice. First write yourself a check dated for 12/31/04 payable to yourself and write how much you want to earn on the amount line. Make three laminated copies and put one in your briefcase, auto console, and home office. Second, always aim higher than the quota you are given. If you adjust your aim, the results will follow.
5. Buy an inspirational book of quotations and keep it in your car. Read three quotes daily. Remember - inspirational words usually inspire us.
6. Invest 15 minutes daily to read books and articles about the selling profession. This is gourmet food for your brain. Don’t skip a day.
7. Get a mentor, preferably one outside of your company. The truly successful people never go it alone.
8. To jack-up your sales performance, prepare your own laminated cue cards. Create cue cards for making appointments, your 12 best questions, for handling the price objection, and for asking for the order. Each cue card should be prepared word-for-word. Your performances will sky-rocket.
9. Buy a composition notebook for your car. Record your successes, failures, and daily observations about your selling environment.
10. Read the “The Ancient Scrolls” an inspiring book by Tim Connor. To order call 800-222-9070 or e-mail him at Tim@TimConnor.com.
11. To get motivated about improving your personal financial situation, set a personal net worth goal and write it on a spread sheet, then review it monthly. Self worth increases proportionately with net worth.
12. Tell your family if you achieve 110% or more of your annual sales quota - you’ll take them anywhere they want to go on vacation.
13. Tell your family when you reach a new monthly sales record milestone, you’ll take them out to celebrate.
14. Select one song that really gets you moving and play it every morning as you back out of your driveway.
15. Make a dinner date with your spouse tonight then go some place special.
Every day is a great day, especially if you don’t see your name in the obituary section of the paper.
When you’re motivated you can make every day a masterpiece.
Free - eCourse The Art Of Closing The Sale.
Use this link to get started right now:
Free White Paper - How To Make Sure Your Next
National Sales Meeting Is Better Than Your Last One
Use this link to get your copy Link
Free Can you pass this Professional Selling quiz?
Use this link to find out.
Jim Meisenheimer is the creator of No-Brainer Sales Training. His sales techniques and selling skills focus on practical ideas that get immediate results. You can discover all his secrets by contacting him at (800) 266-1268, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting his website: http://www.meisenheimer.com.