Easy And Simple Steps To Get Listed In Search Engines
Search engines are one of THE best resource for free advertising. Better your web site's search engine position better be the traffic generation. 85% of internet users go to search engines and find the information they want.
So you better huury to follow these simple tips to get guaranteed listing and good positioning in search engines.
1. Put a link to your new web site from already indexed web site(s). If you don't have a web site that already indexed then propose a joint venture with other web site owners for link exchanges. Needless to say that the web site you are going to exchange links must be indexed already.
Search engine crawlers love to follow the links from one web site to other. So there will be more chances of your site crawled thru these links.
2. Put some content on every page. Minimize graphics. Search engines can not read graphics. Only ALT tags (not all search engines). So if there is graphic don't forget to put ALT tag.
Try to sprinkle some important keywords that pertaining to your web site all through the content. Search engines give weight to the pages where the keyword appears more often. Again DON'T spam the search engines.
3. Links: Put links from every page to other important sections of your web site. Your home page may not contain details about your products. But make sure to insert links to other product pages.
Most people keep buttons and graphics to links. Instead put text links. Though they don't look attractive to human eyes, but gives weight to your pages. For example instead of a button with 'search engine tips', you can keep a text link 'search engine tips' and link to that page. Certainly it is a very important keyword for a web site that sells an ebook on search engine optimization.
4. Metatags: Title tag is very important. Especially for Google. If you get a good position in Google means, your web site traffic will be really staggering. It is really worth it.
Go to http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
Search for your web site related keywords and use them for title, keywords and to keep them in your content.
5. Update Your web site: Most webmasters neglect this part of search engine optimization. Do it on a regular basis like every 3 - 6 months.
Add some content, change keywords according to popularity and update the present content etc. will do the job. My best way of updating my web site content is adding my articles to my web site.
Radhika Venkata - Subscribe to 'EbookBiz Magazine' which is completely focused on ebook business and Internet Marketing. Receive FREE Ebooks with Resale rights every month!
Webmaster Resources: List Your product, ezine or web site free! http://www.webmasters-central.com/