Healthy Tips to Celebrate National Womenís Health Week
National Womenís Health Week starts the week after Motherís Day. You can work on your health anytime. This week is a great time to get all your check ups done if you have not done so yet this year. Remember, the elements of health include your eating habits, your resting habits, how you think, how you spend your time and who you spend your time with. Neglecting your relationship with God can cause you to experience less health. Make sure you are building rest into each day, week, and month. Plan your vacations around what makes you feel rested. It may be time for your Pap smear, mammogram or complete physical with lab tests on your blood and urine. It is also a great time to have your teeth cleaned and checked. Have your spine checked by your Chiropractor. Change your workout habits if you are bored with them. Because itís a new season you might want to try something new. Spend some time ON YOURSELF- FOR YOURSELF. You will be a better wife, mother, leader and community member. Celebrate your lovely and unique self for who you are and what you want to become. Here are some great resources to get yourself in gear to take care for your health:
- Free Mammograms- Call Desert Sierra Breast Cancer Partnership at 909-697-6565
- Eat more Soy: ZoŽ Flax and Soy cereals are a great start for breakfast, get a free copy of the ZoŽ Healthy Meal Plans at www.zoefoods.com
- Deal with Hot flashes and Night sweats without taking pills or hormones: Menowear clothing line is made with a special fabric called Powerdryô- see www.menowear.com for more information
- Sleep is essential to good health, but you donít want to age your face while you sleep, check out www.facesaverpillow.com for a great book and special pillow.
- Relaxation is important to your health also, aromatherapy is perfect for detoxing relaxing and improving overall health. Go to www.faceyourbody.com for aromatherapy.
- Improve your eating habits, even if you do not want to cook for yourself. A personal chef is an easy, healthy and inexpensive alternative to eating out all the time. Call Rescue Chef Lois Emery at 909-262-3424
- Learn self care with Choosing Health by Dr. Force. This Functional Self-care Workbook that comes with a CD in the back! Order yours today at www.theelementsofhealth.com
- Remember your spirit with Beth Terryís Book Walking in a Crowd of Angels- find yours at www.bethterry.com
- If Midlife ills are your challenge, look at the Midlife Bible by Dr. Michael Goodman, itís available at bookstores.
- Get a free relaxation CD from The Wright Place TV Show made by www.mentalefficiency.com - just email your name and address to email@example.com - while supplies last!
By Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C.
Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C. is the host of The Wright Placeô TV Show, a lifestyle show for women, which can been seen on dish or direct TV channel KHIZ on Sundays at 6:30 PM, or seen on the Internet at www.wrightplacetv.com or cable television channels in your area. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-635-2040 for questions, comments or interviews
Dr. Letitia S. Wright, D.C.